Camping, Glamping & the World of Recreational Vehicles
“Oh, the places you’ll go!” Dr. Seuss
My husband calls me Camper Crazy because I have been nagging him for the past 3 years to buy an RV. I keep pitching the idea that we should live full-time in an RV when we retire… just a few years away!
However, he thinks I am Crazy…Irrational…and just plain NUTS! My husband is a workaholic and not one that likes to try new things. The thought of buying a camper totally stresses him out. So we have decided that we need to entrench ourselves in finding the pros and cons of camping and glamping and figure out which RV would work best for our circumstances and our future goals.
We have visited many blog sites and watched 100’s of videos on different types of RVs…..MANY ARE SO BORING. Plus, they have done nothing to convince my husband that an RV is something we need to buy, let alone live in. Let’s face it, you can only watch so many RV Salespeople showing you the features of an RV and then you find yourself…. snoring and dribbling spit on your pillow.
This site is a multi-family combined effort featuring the World of Camping, Glamping and Recreational Vehicles. Why should YOU subscribe to our blog and follow us on You Tube? Because we will give you the Buzz of info to be off and running as another CAMPER CRAZY, FUN LOVING INDIVIDUAL!
- We will follow some RV trips of new campers and experienced campers. We will share their likes and dislikes, pros and cons.
- We will learn the dos and don’ts – tips and tricks – and share Hilarious, Outrageous stories!!!
- What kind of RV works best for young families, working couples, seniors, and single people? A CLASS; B CLASS, C CLASS? No we are not talking about school for you non-campers.
- But wait…Mark and I have been involved in construction all our lives. In fact, we volunteer a lot of our time in helping with disaster relief work. Wow….you would think he would want an RV to be able to do more in this type of work.
Is retrofitting an older camper more logical, economical and conducive to a more attractive interior? We may be retiring in a few years but I don’t want our RV to be classified as a Grandpa’s or Grandma’s Camper. Jeez, that is why we call ourselves Pa and Gigi to our granddaughters. If you didn’t know…Gigi is a grandmother but so much cooler! So, for me a Cool Awesome Camper is absolutely a necessity. Plus, my 8 year old granddaughter would never want to vacation in an ugly camper with her Gigi. Gigi & Derby Adventures are never boring and are very cool.
- What do we buy for our RV, when we determine which one to buy? After all, we want our married children and their families to travel with us on family vacations. Our son, Shane is so much like his father and thinks RESORT = NO RV. But his wife Kelli, would love joining us on RV trips. Our daughter Summer is with me. She would love to get an RV and is trying to sweet talk her husband Garth so maybe…just maybe they can join in on the family fun with our grandbaby Cookie.
- And what about food? What meals are the healthiest and easiest to make on the road?
- What campsites are the best?
- We will also share pics and videos of areas you may want to visit and more!
This site is dedicated to finding the answers and featuring REAL LIFE CAMPERS in REAL LIFE (sometimes messy) RVs. Most of all, it is dedicated to helping everyone become Camper Crazy!!!
Next up….The First Time RV Family
YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS…A young couple with 3 kids on their first RV trip from Florida to Canada, driving a Ford F-250 pulling a new Grey Wolf Travel Trailer, (their rig on top of blog page). So far, this trip falls somewhere between the movie RV and the National Lampoon Griswold Family. If anything can go wrong on this trip, so far it has.
Stay tuned to the adventures of Brent (B.J.) & Shanna, with the teenage son who likes video games and computers, the 9 year old daughter who likes to run 5k races with her mom and their adorable baby who has some special needs and the motivation for BJ to purchase an RV.
And then….Chuck & Dana
A mid-aged (mid-life crisis maybe?) couple with 3 married children: their eldest son and his wife and their travel friendly puppy, Tokyo catch up with their parents in California and travel up the coast, then they will be joined by their daughter, an Irish dance instructor and her husband.
Chuck and Dana are traveling from Florida to Vancouver on a six week trip in their brand new Winnebago View. Their children are taking turns flying in to travel different legs on the trip with their parents. This trip got off to a rough start, but the pics and videos are amazing. You won’t want to miss being a part of this trip.
Traveling with them on this trip are her parents:
Danny & Mary Ellen, who are Totally Experienced Glampers to the Extreme! From previously traveling in a coach fit for a King and Queen, to now traveling in a new Pleasure-way Class B, they offer so many tips and tricks. But, don’t let their fancy lifestyle fool you. Danny is also an experienced Kayaker and Hiker. He is a true camper and can help us learn the best items to use when camping in a small tent in the wild…yes with wild bears and snakes and bugs of every sort. You can check out some of his hiking trips on YouTube @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngBadyvqGEM
So, now we are off…let the Adventure begin….join us at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-KjzYdmcJRpcRS3AAEEjQA and subscribe to join the fun. Our goal each week is gaining 100 subscribers to our channel and our blog. Can you help us reach that goal?
Please subscribe on the Blog Home page so you can get all the Camper Crazy Buzz!